Translate


Search This Blog

The Royal British Legion

The Royal British Legion
Photo By Miss KLSlomczynski

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Ask Katie

eBay the bargee boys Callan and Bryndly Link(s)

Monday 24 July 2023

O Gin My Love Where Yon Red Rose Air “Hughie Graham” Burns

 

O Gin My Love Where Yon Red Rose

Air “Hughie Graham”

O GIN my love were yon red rose

That grows upon, the castel wa’,

And I mysel’ a drap o’dew,

Into her bonnie brest to fa’!


O there, beyond expression blest,

I’d feat on beauty a’ the night;

Seal’d on her silk-saft faulds to rest

Till fley’d awa’ by Phoebus’ light.


O were my love you lilac fair,

Wi’ purple blossoms to the spring;

And I a bird, to shelter there,

When wearied on my wing:


How I wad mourn when it was torn

By autumn wild and winter rude!

But I wad sing on wanton wing,

When youthfu’ May it’s bloom renewed.


By Burns



No comments:

Post a Comment