Translate


Search This Blog

The Royal British Legion

The Royal British Legion
Photo By Miss KLSlomczynski

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Ask Katie

eBay the bargee boys Callan and Bryndly Link(s)

Wednesday 18 March 2020

Home schooling different age groups.

One of the most changing things to do is to teach children of different age groups.
With myself and there is only a year or two difference in my children's ages however the ability of which they can be taught at is where I struggly.
One of the great things about teaching at home is that you can actually teach to the level in which your child is comfortable at learning.
You can be a little more laid back and relaxed when it comes to things like the national curriculum and meeting certain developmental goals.
When you are teaching children of different ages it is very difficult to find things that each child will enjoy at the same time.
At times I will try to engage in a group activity which is usually aimed at the youngest member of the group which then can become problematic if the oldest child loses interest.
When I will also do a set challenges and activities for each child to do on an individual basis.
This is help me to find out what their likes and dislikes are when they are learning.
It is help to find out what they are actually capable of doing on a one-to-one basis and to teach them self-starting responsibility and to work on their own individuality.
When I have found with all of my children is they are very creative and very eager to learn.
When your child is eager to learn I would advise you to just run with it because there will be times when they do not wish to learn at all.
Due to all of my children being of the same sex in is also made it easy because they are all interested in the same types of things.
In my household we don't really use a non gender environment which is something which is now encouraged in today's Society.
I would say that all of my boys are typical boys for their age and have never really been interested at this moment in time in playing with toys that still in shops would be aimed at girls of the same age group.
My oldest son loves to read write and draw he also likes building blocks and making things.
Hazel so recently got into computer games which are played as a family in the dining room with parental supervision.
These are games that I allow him to play which are not connected to the internet and still use a disc and are on a normal PC.
A lot of the games that I currently enable him to play evolve problem solving maths and Reading.
With my middle child who is currently at 4 years old he is not as academic at this moment in time so a lot of his learning is done through play play as opposed to sitting down with a pen and paper.
He loves numbers and for that reason it is usually numeracy that we focus on as a way of communicating with him.
He also loves building blocks so we enable him to do a lot of construction including learning how to build things from copying pictures.
Closing at the moment he is unfortunately behind the curb academically according to the National Curriculum so far.
With my 15-month old we are mainly focusing on verbal communication and everything else is just learning by osmosis.

No comments:

Post a Comment