Translate


Search This Blog

The Royal British Legion

The Royal British Legion
Photo By Miss KLSlomczynski

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Ask Katie

eBay the bargee boys Callan and Bryndly Link(s)

Wednesday 18 March 2020

Home schooling discipline

One of the most changing things about home schooling is disapline.
When I take about discipline  this covers a mulitude of sins.
Compared to sending your children to main stream school where some one else  is teaching your children the way that they are disciplined inorder to achieve an education may viary.
When children first attend school their schooling would have only been for a few short years, where they would have been taught basic english, writing and arithmetic.
This would have been something like a grammar school and schools ran by the church, government or private.
Alot like today in many ways, however how we also have Academy's and people are looking at home schooling even more so.
One thing that schools even private schooling today are not allowed to carry out is physical punishment which was permited when schools first opened.
Things like the ruler, cane or belt.  All I can say is I am glad.
Even physical Chastising your own children within reason is frowned upon in today's Society so why on earth would any parent allow somebody else to physically chastise their child even with their permission.
But discipline is something that is still needed in order to achieve the ultimate goal which is offering your children and education and a way of teaching them how to take care of themselves in an ever-changing Society when they are adults.
So how would you achieve this if you looked at homeschooling your children.
It's not just about disciplining them if they are unable to follow basic rules or instructions like if they were in a school environment.
Which is something a lot of teachers would be trained into doing especially when they are teaching classes  with student numbers up to 35.
Being a teacher in today's modern society is a whole lot different to when schools first opened , and is not something that a lot of people take on as a profession.
A lot of this is due to the ever changing ways that the educational system is taught, and the training that is provided for teachers.
So as a parent if you did choose to educate your own children it is something that requires a lot of discipline.
Not just discipline from your children but also, Your own personal self discipline
As much as you care about your children what they have to realise that you are their parent you are not their friend.
And by being their parents become a lot of responsibility and knowing how to discipline them when it is required to do so.
I currently do send my children to mainstream education but I also teach them at home.
What are the ways that I endeavour to do this is by trying to stick to the same structure and routine that they would if they were in mainstream School.
When teaching at home I do not comply with the national curriculum and therefore or I feel that my children have a broader educational background.
When teaching at home and sort of things and I try to teach my children are things that will support them throughout their life into Adulthood and hopefully integrate.
One thing however I would like my children to learn is manners.
To have self- for themselves, and to respect people around them.
I would like them to have the ability to communicate with people using different ways to do this .
one of the main reasons for this is because I feel that in today's Society people lack the ability to communicate with each other clearly and concisely.
whether this is face-to-face or with the use of things such as social media.
In time I would like my children to learn another language but I do not feel that this is a requirement in today's Society and for that reason is not something that I am going to force upon them.
If my children did choose to learn another language then I would probably want them to them something such as sign language or or possibly Chinese or Japanese as opposed to a European language such as French,Spanish German, or Italian.
What are the main reasons for this is because a lot of trade is done especially when it comes to things like engineering which is something that my children will learn more about as they grow up.
Only time will tell.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment