Translate


Search This Blog

The Royal British Legion

The Royal British Legion
Photo By Miss KLSlomczynski

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Ask Katie

eBay the bargee boys Callan and Bryndly Link(s)

Wednesday 7 September 2022

Home schooling What should I subject my children to, when home schooling?

 Home schooling What should I subject my children to, when home schooling?


Now that I am home schooling my 7 year old son with SEN needs.

One of the big questions that I ask myself fit what should I teach?

Who should I teach it?

At what age should I teach it?


My oldest son still attends main stream school, that is also a Church of England School, over the past 18 months I have see a lot of changes to main stream education.

I saw these changes, before, during and after lock down due to covid 19.

One of the main changes was how much education relied upon becoming more IT based and virtual.

My children stopped

Watching TV

Reading books

Colouring in

Playing out doors

Social interaction in person stopped even in the home.

When it came to returning back to school, both went back for about 6 months before I believed that home schooling would better suit one of my children and not the other,

The key reason was due to SEN needs not being meet and my son being more advanced than some of his pears and it not being recognised.

Now that are home schooling I have tried to strip back the school habits that my son was use to and to teach me that life is full of changes and that in order to grow in the world you have to learn to adapt.

So we now have a number of ways that I teach him, but when and how I should teach some subjects is still something I am unsure on.

My son who is eight is learning about equality, diversity, and what it means to transgender and gender neutral at school.

Who times have changed in the UK, when I was at school this was not have happened and when my parents where sill at school I believe they where taught that people where only male and female and everything else is wrong.

Even when I was at school I was bullied and accused of being a lesbian, when I would class myself being a sexual most days and then polyamorous.other.

I personal thing that my children are two young to be learning this but that is only my point of view.

So when teaching at home I always try and see what my sons school is teaching and when and also what is on the news and in the media at the time.

Due to my children being children I have a right to protect their childhood for many years to come, yet to not be in a bubble that could be a risk to.

I was brought up sheltered and protected too much and know how it effected my transition into adulthood.

So for now I will deal with the basics when they come up in conversation about any subject and not worry about what schools are obligated to teach due to the National Curriculum that is set to in may opinion sheep.

Plus a few shepherds.



No comments:

Post a Comment