Translate


Search This Blog

The Royal British Legion

The Royal British Legion
Photo By Miss KLSlomczynski

Total Pageviews

Popular Posts

Ask Katie

eBay the bargee boys Callan and Bryndly Link(s)

Wednesday 22 September 2021

Using work books to help with home schooling.

Using work books to help with home schooling.


Education will always be big businesses and cost you money no matter what type of education you chose to follow.

Yes everyone in the UK is allowed to be in full time education from the age of 5-19, yet depending upon who much money you have and where you live will depend on how good this education will be.

Then of course there is making use that "every child matters"

Yet home education is something that I am thinking of again due to not being 100% happy with what is currently on offer for "free"

So if home schooling is in the cards are using work books that you can buy from most places now the right way to go?

When both of my children where off school last year it was interesting to see who classes and records of what my children where learning were supported by their schools.

My oldest son had work books that I was use to using and have at home.  I love them because the answers are ion the back for parents to help teach subject you may not know that well.  It is also a good way to keep school work tidy and in order.  So I would set a target of 5 pages per subject per day.

With my other child who was younger it was paper based teaching and getting you to watch on line classes and programmes on TV.

Over time both schools opted for more on line learning and keep up to date records and targets that had to be meet on a weekly basis.

Yet I found book books to be best.  I did not have full time internet and could not afford to by a new PC , laptop or I phone to keep up to date with online education.

Although some of the online information was useful and my children love watching the National Geographic Channel, which is why I pay for both Netflix and Disney Plus.

For me nothing beasts sitting down with a book, pen and paper.

I like teaching "old school" so that I can find out if my children have any underlining learning disabilities and can read and write.

Yes every thing is done via modern technology and using computer programmes that help you to read, write, spell and do mathematics.



But what if these where to fail, be programmed in wrong, where not available and you did not know who to use them?

For me school/education is their to teach you the basics, how to read, write, spell and mathematics.  Yet children are still coming out of education not knowing how to do theses things.  I was one of them.

So if I can home school and teach my children theses life skills of how to read, write, spell and mathematics then this is sure the key foundation that they need in oreder to survive and become independent??

Yet I am still wanting my children to go to school, yet maybe part time, so I am going to look into this. 

In the mean time I am using work books at home with my children to help them and to find out if they may be are not reaching their full potential, due to the way the school educational system to set up.

I will post some links on my blog of the types of work books I have used and have found useful.







No comments:

Post a Comment